1. Start each day with a glass of water. When you first wake up, drink a full glass of water before doing anything else. This will help your body rehydrate after a long night of sleep and start your day off on the right foot.
2. Carry a reusable water bottle with you. Having a water bottle that you can easily access throughout the day will make it easier to remember to drink water. Choose a bottle that you like and that is easy to refill so you can stay hydrated throughout the day.
3. Set reminders on your phone. Setting reminders throughout the day is a great way to make sure you’re drinking enough water. You can set reminders to drink a glass of water at certain times of the day or even make a game out of it and challenge yourself to drink a certain amount of water by a certain time.
4. Flavor your water. If you’re not a fan of plain water, you can try adding slices of lemon, lime, or even cucumber to your water for a refreshing flavor. You can also try adding a few drops of flavored extracts or sugar-free syrups for a sweeter taste.
5. Eat water-rich foods. Eating foods that are high in water content is also a great way to stay hydrated. Watermelon, tomatoes, cucumbers, and celery are all great options.
6. Track your water intake. Download an app or use a journal to track how much water you’ve been drinking each day. Seeing the progress you’ve made can be a great motivator to continue drinking more water.
7. Drink a glass of water before meals. Drinking a glass of water before meals helps you feel fuller faster, so you’ll be less likely to overeat.
8. Try herbal teas. If plain water isn’t your thing, try sipping on some herbal teas throughout the day. Just be sure to watch out for teas with added sugar or other artificial sweeteners.
9. Experiment with sparkling water. If you’re looking for something a little more interesting than plain water, try experimenting with sparkling water. You can find it in a variety of flavors and there are even some that are naturally flavored with herbal extracts.
10. Make it a habit. Drinking more water is easier if it’s part of your daily routine. Try to make drinking water a priority and eventually it will become second nature.